Friday, March 4, 2011

Adjusting to the Move

The move has left me really tired and just wanting to sit and relax. Between our move and then Kelly's move, my body is screaming for mercy but that is nothing that a soak in my new garden tub won't cure. :o)

The house is not coming along as well as I had hoped but that is simply because I haven't been doing anything. I have to admit it because it's the truth. Once things were moved I got lazy. I also hate to admit that we still have some things at the old house that we have to get out this weekend too. I will do a lot this weekend though because I am having people over for a Simply Said party and even though it's friends that know we just moved, I want to place to look nice. So I will have to do my tazmanian devil act and just go through the whole house. I can't believe that this is out home. It is so wonderful to know that we will be here for a while. To know that I can unpack and not worry about having to pack back up. It is a pretty amazing feeling.

Nathan has adapted real well to the new neighborhood. He made friends even before he started school. He is out playing with the neighborhood kids until it's dark. God, I remember doing that when I was a kid and it's all I have ever wanted for my kids. Nathan has always been sort of an indoor person. He has been stuck inside on the computer and video games but things have changed. It makes me so happy to see him running in the door when the street lights go on smelling of the outdoors. I never thought that would be a sweet smell to me but it is, even though I am quick to send him directly to the shower. To me, it means that he has been outside doing what boys do best. He is running around and getting all his energy out. He races to the playground in the development to go play football with the boys and even leaves for the bus early in the morning to get in some playing too.

CJ has really gotten to enjoy the outdoors since we moved too. He heads straight for his McQueen riding car as soon as he gets home and rides until it's dinner time. Sometimes he reaches for his bike or Nathan's scooter. The little boy across the street is usually outside too so he now has a friend to play with and I think that Sam, that's the little boy across the street, is only a year younger than CJ. It's cute to watch the two of them race in the cul-de-sac with their little cars. Sam just got a sandbox too that CJ has been invited to go play in...lol.

Larissa is really the only one who hasn't made friends in the development but she already has so many friends that she doesn't know what to do with them. She barely has enough time for them...when she is not on punishment...lol. She likes the new neighborhood because she can once again go for walks or go down to the playground. And in the summer, she can go down to the pool too.

So I just wanted to report to everyone that things are good even though I haven't had too much time to get on here and tell you all about it. I hope to have some nice pictures of the house this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...