Once again, it has been a while since I have written. On my drive to work this morning, I had so many things that I wanted to discuss on here but one thing has snuck into my thoughts and managed to engulf my day so that is what I will share today.
The holidays are upon us. Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away and Christmas will be here before you know it. This weekend, I somehow got blessed with the Christmas spirit early. I picked up a Christmas CD and instantly was transformed. I baked with the kids, listened to jingles and just really enjoyed myself. I would have put up the Christmas tree with all the spirit and energy that I had but my mother told me that I was insane. Frankly, I think that I agreed with her...lol.
Larissa's party was a success, as all of you know. I owe all of that success to a few people that I could not have done it without. My mother of course who made Larissa's dress, helped me with the centerpeices, and all the little details not to mention help out financially to the best she could and helping me set up the hall. My friend Didi, who came in from RI, helped me plan from A-Z, officiated the ceremony and stayed up with me on Saturday night til 3am helping me put together centerpeices and favors and flowers, ect. Not to mention going with me to get the food and helping me set up the hall too. Then there was Paula. She was my rock that kept me up. She helped me plan the food, helped me with all the odds and ends that she had so I didn't have to buy them, she helped me set up and clean up too. And although she is going through one of the most difficult time in her life, she managed to be there looking incredible with her two girls to make sure that Larissa's day was perfect. And lastly, my friend Kelly...who was at my house helping me transport food, helped me set up and watched CJ for me so that the rest of us could get anything done. Those were my saviors. I am sure they did more than that but that is what I can think of now. And to the rest of you who came and cooked too. I can't thank you enough. I am thankful for all the smiling faces and also thankful for the wonderful food that you helped me provide. I can't thank you all enough. I sincerely could not have done it without y'all. :o)
So with Thanksgiving around the corner, I am realizing how important it really is to be thankful for what you have. There are so many people around me that are in need of so much help right now from jobs to cars to houses and some even food. This economy has effected us all in one way or another. So I have a very strange question to ask you all that I hope you don't take the wrong way. Do you ever think that maybe God had some hand in this economic situation? I mean, we have become such a selfish society placing God at the bottom of our list. We want bigger homes, newer cars, better jobs, more material things, more toys for our kids and we forget to be thankful for all that we have. The roof over our heads, the kids asleep in their beds each night, the food on our tables and the love we have and can share. And most importantly, a God that loves us unconditionaly. Take a moment today to tell all those around you how much you love them because they might not know it and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
I love you all !
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment