Sunday, April 2, 2017

Catching Up

I wish I had more time for this blog. That is such a silly statement. I mean, if I want to do it then I should just make time for it. Life is such a blur. Time seems to go so quickly and I wish to slow it all down. I need to slow it down.

I am a planner. I am always planning for next moment. That will never change. But the older I get the more I get it. I mean I really get it. I am learning to stop and make time for the things that really matter. And the thing is that things that really matter are different in different stages of my life.

At this stage in my life, I am enjoying each day. I have seen a lot of death lately. It reminds me that our days are not guarenteed, tomorrow is not promised. I have been trying to keep up with the people who mean the most to us which is probably going to kill me...lol. But we have also been busy trying new things with CJ. The seasons go by so quickly and I sit here thinking that there were things that I wanted to do but never made time for. So I started making time for them.

The last day of 2016 was full of fun. We went to Launch and then rollerskaing.

Then we started out 2017 with a last minute trip to Coco Keys where we had a blast.
February CJ tried track and loved it.
He did his first track meet and got first place in the 45m run and 2nd place in the 200m. I am so proud of him. We are so proud of him.

In March we took CJ to Monster Trucks.
And then we took CJ snowboarding for the first time at Yawgoo Valley.
He loved it so much that we made time to take him this month. They are there right now. I wish I could be there watching him but I threw out my back and I am stuck on this couch in pain instead. But I am filled with joy that he still gets to go and enjoy himself because Jose is there with him. I don't take Jose for granted. I am so very thankful.

See, the thing is that we have been in Johnston for almost two years now and CJ really doesn't have friends. At first it was just because he was new but more than enough time has passed and it has become a problem. I can count on my fingers the amount of times CJ has gone outside to play with kids. So we have decided to move back to Lincoln. It wasn't an easy decision. Sure I want to move back and we worried about CJ going back and things not being the same but we asked him. He wants to go back. I set up play dates for him with Cayden and Jaden and it's like no time has passed. The smile that has been gone from his face for almost two years is back.

And Lincoln is good for me too. I feel like I really belong there too. I miss the neighborhood, the kids coming in and out of the house. I miss the communication with the parents. I miss the fires at night. I miss the beers with neighbors. I didn't realize how much I had missed it until I knew I was going back. The excitement is unreal to me.

And I can't possibly end this post without concluding why this year has been so wonderful already even though it's only the 4th month of the year.

In February Larissa got her GED. She did it. She struggled with it and it had its up and down but she got it. I am so proud of her. This was such a necessary and important step for her and her little family. AND...Nathan finished Job Corp with not just his high school but also his Culinary Certificate. Words cannot express my emotions. It has been such a long ride to this point. I never thought I would see this day. His graduation is May 7th. Seeing him walk up and receive his diploma is mind blowing to me. The fact that both of my children finished this year brings me so much joy.

So I have more plans for the rest of the year to spend more time enjoying myself. To spend more time watching my kids grow and change. To spend time watching my grandson grow. And spending time with my wonderful husband who is my rock. 2017 has been good to me. I hope that I have many more moments to write about.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...