I have so much to be thankful for. Last week was a blur. I mean I had something every night of the week. Monday, I had to take the boys to their physicals and then Nathan to his psychiatry appointment. Tuesday, we had Liz and Felix over for dinner. Wednesday, I was supposed to go to CJ’s school PTO meeting and then dinner with Alex. The meeting got canceled and we all went roller skating instead and had a blast. Thursday, I went to Didi’s to play cards, she did my hair and I ended up leaving earlier to get Nathan from Job Corp early since there was a storm coming. Friday was a snow day for everyone but me. The boys stayed home and I went to work but when I got home, I helped Jose shovel then did some snow tubing in our yard with CJ and then Jose ordered Chinese food for us for dinner. Although my week was crazy busy, I had so much fun. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, I slowed down and was thankful for each day and what it brought.
The craziness has not slowed down. Saturday morning I worked and then did laundry, did grocery shopping and cleaned a bit before enjoying some much needed time with the family. Sunday was Superbowl Sunday and Tracy and Eric came over for dinner. I tried my hand at Galinha A Jardineira and it came out pretty good. I will need to tweek it for next time.
This week has been a bit different. I had things all week just like last week but the snow has changed my plans. I had plans to meet Amy for dinner on Monday and it got canceled. I went home to have dinner and cuddle on the couch. Today we were having a Valentine’s dinner with Lori and Armand and it got canceled partially because of what they have going on and partially because of this weather. Tomorrow Alex is coming over for dinner and the PTO meeting has been reschedule for tomorrow. I am not sure yet if I will be attending or not since it’s short notice. Thursday Jose goes to play Rock Band so I get some down time and Friday I am hoping to make it to bible study. I didn’t get to go last week and I feel like I real need it. I am excited about going.
No comments:
Post a Comment