Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Date with my Niece

I had a date with my niece, Tatiana, last night. I had a great time and we really should do it more often.

Tatiana has grown into such a beautiful and smart young lady. She has been in her apartment for 2 ½ years now and it looks amazing. She does a great job of decorating and keeping up with it. Yesterday, I got to see her tree up too. It made me so proud to see how great she is doing and how beautiful her home is.

We got together because she was feeling depressed. She works for a bank and they have recently been taken over by new ownership. Her manager has changed, her job has changed, they are pouring so much responsibility on her because they know she can handle it and she is getting really stressed. She is in the process of looking for a new job. The concept of the new job is stressing her because she makes good money where she is. She meets monthly goals each month which add to her income and give her a larger salary when added in. She feels a pay cut with a new job. She is stressing the pay cut because she doesn’t just want to work to pay her bills.

She is such a smart lady. She wants to live life and enjoy each day. Some people never figure this out. Sadly, I always thought and dreamed that I would be having this conversation with my own daughter. I wish that I could have these conversations with Larissa. Larissa’s priorities are all screwed up. I hope that she gets her life together and have more important priorities that we can sit down and talk about. I want to go visit my daughters place to have coffee and see all the new cute stuff she got. One day !

Back to my niece…I love you Tatiana. I am so proud of who you are, what you have become and the woman that you are striving to be. Don’t stress the small mistakes, they will only make you stronger and wiser. Keep up the great work.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...