Dreams are great. They give us something to strive for, something to work for. But sometimes we get lost in our dreams to the point that we forget to live for today. Life is short. There is so much we want to do and to accomplish. The things that we add to our bucket list to do someday. What if someday never comes. Morbid thought, I know, but true nonetheless.
Jose and I have dreams. We hope to our own home, a home that the kids can remember spending time in and growing up in. Nathan and Larissa remember Beetle St but CJ just remembers being everywhere. We hope to establish ourselves in jobs that we can have longevity in. We have things we would like for our house that we will have. We want to grow old gracefully and be comfortable. We want to be able to see our grandkids grow up. We want to be able to travel. Great dreams to have. Great dreams to strive for. Dreams to be fulfilled in the future.
Believe it or not, I had all that written yesterday and this morning I found out that a dear friend in Egypt had passed away this weekend. Sophia was my age. She had a daughter that is Larissa's age. The two girls actually are friends too. Sophia had moved to Egypt in 2005 to be with her husband. They tried living a life there but it was hard for them being Americans. She did all that she could. This past year, she felt the struggle of her daughter and brought her to the states so that she could graduate high school and lead as normal a life as she could. Her daughter, Marsella, is devestated to say the least. She feels horrible to have left her mother in Egypt alone. She is now alone. The news hit me like a ton of bricks.
Life is never what you expect it. Tomorrow is not promised. Kiss your loved ones, spend time with them and tell them that you love them because when you are no longer here in this world, those will be things that they remember.
RIP Sophia because you were an amazing wife, mother and friend !
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment