Thursday, September 8, 2011

The 1st Day of School

The summer seems to have gone on forever with me, especially since the 1st day of school was postponed a whole week thanks to Hurricane Irene. The kids all started school this Tuesday though. They are all enjoying school.
Larissa was the first one out the door. She was nervous but excited. It is her senior year and she is starting in a new school with all new kids. This is going to be a tough year for her but I think that she is ready to embrace it. She has had homework both days already but it's going well.

Nathan was next to go out the door. He didn't tell me but I got the feeling that he was actually more nervous than usual and I am not quite sure what the reason was for it. Yesterday we sat and talked and he has made several friends already, he likes his locker, likes his teachers and likes his seats. That was great news to hear from a 13 year old boy. I think that this might be a great year for him. It is going to be a hard year for him as well. He is starting out behind so I need to keep him on track.

Here was CJ ready for school. He was super excited. He got up, got dressed, had breakfast, let me do his hair, watched tv and couldn't stand counting down the minutes for when he would be able to take his first trip on the school bus like he has watched his sister and brother do many times in the past.

He got on the school bus without a long usual goodbye but once the bus started to move, I caught a glimpse of fear. I talked to him when he got home and he said that he was a little sad that he had to go on the bus without me but he is all over that now...lol. He loves going to school. Here is the picture I took after he was on the school bus with his head peeking out.

Larissa was the first one home since she was the first one out and she was so excited to go get CJ from the bus stop. She was the most traumatized with CJ starting school. She kept saying that he was too young and that he was too small to go on the bus by himself. She forgets that she was much smaller than him when she started. It's the over protective sister in her...lol. Here she is after coming back from the bus stop with him.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...