
It's rainy where I am and chillier than usual because of it. I went to go make a cup of coffee but instead reached for a cup of tea. Everyone here at work always looks at me like I am crazy when I make a cup of tea. Being in the south sometimes surprises me. They are huge with sweat tea but hot tea is associated with old ladies, isn't that strange?
I should first off say that I am a crazy coffee drinker. I am not human without my coffee. I can drink it right before bed and still have a very good nights sleep. Anything hot before bed makes me sleep...caffinated or not. But tea brings me back to moments in my life. Moments in time when life was simple and relaxing. It is great that a simple cup of tea can make me feel that way all over again.
Growing up, I would always have tea and toast with cheese at my aunts house before heading to school. So when I have tea with milk in it (that is how my aunt prepared it)then I think back to those days in my childhood. As an adult I also enjoyed tea. I drank tea with my godmother often times. And another great moment for me was when I was pregnant with Larissa and we spent the summer in P-town. We had this cute little one room cottage that overlooked the beach and I would sit at this tiny table looking out the window sipping my tea. That was one of the most relaxing moments in my whole life. It is really nice to sit with a cup of tea and really think about those times for me.
I am sure that you have something that brings you back to a certain moment in time. Something that soothes you just by the scent or the taste. I would love to hear all about what foods or drinks bring you back in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment