Friday, January 8, 2010

My 2010 To-Do List !

Ok, so here is my 2010 To-Do list, finally ! I have decided to break things down into categories this year. Each year, depending on what is on the list, it tends to be arranged in different ways. So without further delay here it is:

Me:
  • I was not able to actually go back to school last year due to time and money. I am making it my number one priority this year. I am not trying to take on the world, I just want to at least do one class a semester to get going again.
  • I would like to get out and meet more of my neighbors. We have lived in this community for a year and a half now and I am ashamed to say that we barely know our neighbors.
  • I will continue to work on my life book. I don't want to call it an autobiography because that sounds so proffessional and I am far from a writer. I do want to have my life in thoughts on paper though for my kids and grandkids someday.
  • I am currently working on not yelling so much. I have to admit that I unfortunately got that from my mother and tend to yell before I even talk. I am really trying.
  • Since we are talking about my mother, I want to actually work on my relationship with her. There has been a lot that has happened these past couple of years and we could use some reflection on what we have. I know that I complain a whole lot about my mother but I truly do love her.
  • I would like to actually see the raises that I have not been getting in my job. I work my butt of and def deserve to recognized. But if for whatever reason, that does not happen soon, I might just be forced to look somewhere else. I want to be at a job that recognizes that work that I do.
  • I am also ashamed to admit that I never started the search to get back in touch with my brother Tiago. This will be another priority that I have this year.
  • Volunteer work is another avenue that I want to pursue this year. I honestly don't know where I will have the time but it is something that I seriously want to do so I will have to make the time.
  • And lastly for my personal goals, I want to start putting my crafts out there to see if I can actually do something that I love as at least a side business. There is no time like the present.

Me & Jose:

  • We will continue to have our monthly date nights. It has actually allowed us to get even closer, if you can believe that...lol.
  • We need to work better on budgeting to allow for saving and even a little more playing. We are at a point now that we should be able to put a little aside. Every little bit counts.
  • We have been successfully organizing our meet-up group. Ok, so I am the one doing most of it but he is so great about standing behind me and helping me with everything. He is just as involved in it as I am, we even added a Guys Night Out that he does. I want to continue to do this throughout this year.

The Kids:

  • Obviously I would like to spend more time with the kids but there are only so many hours in a day. I want to try to spend more QUALITY time with the kids. I have realized that although we might all be in the house, we are not really spending time together. I want to work on that for them and for me.
  • Night routines: God only knows that the weeknights are a nightmare. I get home from a long day at work and it is dinner, homework, baths, clean up, studying, and trying to find out how everyone's day went and what they need for the next day. I seem to be a little less organized at this point in my day. What? I can be disorganized sometimes you know. But I do want to work on this and make my night more productive than they currently are.
  • PTO...I was PTO president at Larissa's school in RI and very involved in Nathan's school PTO but for some reason, I have really slacked here. I want to try to get more involved. I don't really have the time for President or anything too time consuming like that but I do want to at least join and know what is going on.

The home:

  • Working on our bedroom is a must. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary but it just seems like a room with everything thrown in. I want to try to get it to the adult bedroom that both Jose and I really want.
  • If we renew our lease in May (the only way we won't renew is if they raise the rent), I want to paint the kitchen. I have been saying that since we moved in and it has yet to be done.
  • Cleaning the garage and organizing it will be my spring project for this year. Tons of unused space just going to waste.

Family:

  • Game Night is back on and hopefully will be all year long !
  • I have already started this but I need to cook healthier not only for Jose and I, but also for the kids. More veggies, less junk and leaner meats. We can do it together.
  • I want to get more exercise as a family. Spend more time outdoors. That was a goal last year and I think that we failed pretty badly at that. We all know how I get in the heat. I think that I went in hybernation when the really hot weather came.

I just want to add that last year was not an all together failure. I did accomplish a lot. I did take a little more care of myself and I will continue to do that this year. I did get my nails done and still do them now. I did start up my 401k and just recently joined Aflac too. Baby steps is what it is all about. I know that things don't change overnight. You have to work at things and expect ups and downs. Moving to NC has been one of the best things that we could have done for our family. With that being said, we miss everyone we left behind in RI.

Well, that's it! That's my to-do list for 2010. Nothing that I can't really handle. I don't believe in making resolutions that you can't keep. I want to lose weight and hope that by completing some of the goals above that I will lose weight doing it but I want to feel better more than anything else. These are all attainable goals and I know that I can do it...with help from the famil of course. :o)

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...