The weekends seem to go by to fast. I can't even really complain. I had a pretty relaxing weekend. I spent most of the weekend just hanging out at home with the family. Life seems to be passing so quickly and sometimes I just want to spend time at home. Just a few thoughts this rainy Monday morning.
This year's resolution was to simplify. I have to admit that I have seriously been doing good at it. The winter has helped with me just wanting to be home but let's see if I can stick to it once the nice weather starts. I have been simplifying all that I can though. I have been simplifying relationships. Sounds weird, I know. But honestly I am tired of having people in my life that do not give back as much as I give or they expect. A relationship is a two way street and anyone traveling on a one way street does not deserve my time or energy.
Today is the last day of March. In April is my birthday and I turn 40 this year. I am actually really excited about this. I feel really good. I have three beautiful children, I love my house, I have a good job, I am getting married next year to the love of my life and I not only look fabulous, but I am in the best health that I have been in a really long time. I have a few health concerns that I am taking care of but other than that, I have so much to be thankful. I am happy to celebrate my accomplishments of the past 40 years and prepare for the next 40. Bring it on !
In May we are taking a trip to Jekyll Island where we will be getting married in 2015. I should be stressed with as much as this trip is costing us but instead I am just really excited. This will be the only real vacation that Jose and I have taken alone without the kids. I can't wait to enjoy the tropical island and some much needed down time with the man that I will call be marrying next year. This is not just a vacation for us, this is a business trip as Jose puts it...lol. We are going to look at the hotels and restaurants to finalize some plans but I do plan on having a lot of fun while there. This is also the first time that we will be flying together. Can you believe that we have been together for 12 years and we have never flown together? I am very excited about our vacation.
So let's see what this rainy Monday morning will bring. I hope you all have a great day and a great week.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Monday, March 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment