So I have become quite obsessed with brownies in particular. I found this recipe for brownie covered oreos and it has led me down a dark, dark path...lol.
It's simple. All you need is a pkg of oreo cookies and a box of brownie mix (plus whatever your brownie mix calls for). You make your brownie batter as the box tells you, then you dunk each oreo (one at a time) into the batter and let the access drip off and place one oreo in each muffin spot of a greesed muffin pan. Bake @ 350 for 12 minutes and they are done. As soon as they come out of the oven, you need to take a knife and go around the oreo or it will stick. Then allow to cool and remove. They are so cute. See the obsession? :o)
So I made my first batch. They came out perfect and I brought them to work. Everyone loved them so I started to think about the variety that I could do here. I got some great suggestions about the Halloween Oreo and the Christmas Oreo but they would taste the same so I was anxious to try the mint ones.
So I got my box of brownie mix:
and my mint brownies:
And made my new brownies:
What I have learned is that cooking spray is no good for these. It comes over the brownie and makes the brownie crisp around the edges as you see in these. Not my best batch but you get the idea.
Once I finished all the mint oreo cookies, I still had batter so I used up the regular oreo cookies too. But how was I going to tell them apart? I mean not everyone likes mint so I had to be able to say which ones were which. I heated up some white cocolate and drizzled it over the regular oreo cookies so that I could tell them apart. To my surprise, I still had batter left over (maybe I shouldn't have bought the family size brownie boxes...lol). So I looked around my kitchen and found this:
I bought the no salt added peanut butter and the family hates it. I thought that by adding it to the extremely sweet brownies that it would be offset but I don't think I was successful. I created these:
So when I was done, here was the trio that I had to offer:
In order they are brownie covered mint oreo cookies, brownie covered regular cookies with white chocolate drizzled on it and peanut butter brownies. Aren't they pretty?
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...






No comments:
Post a Comment