Our house is officially a HOME. Our HOME!
Our home is perfect. It is perfect for us. And now that things are finally falling into place, things feel right. Everything seems a little brighter and easier to deal with. Life is not easy. Our lives are not easy. As a matter of fact, we have some things that we are having a little trouble getting over the hurdles but they seem bearable now. It’s not that the problems have gotten easier but since there is less stress from the house, it means less on my shoulders and that means it feels lighter.
When I walk into the front door, I smile. There are still stacks of boxes left to unpack and things still left to take to Good Will and maybe even a few things that I would love to get for our new home but it already feels perfect. It fits like a glove…for our family.
I remember when I first saw the house. The landlord kept telling me about all the things wrong with it. The things that could mean it’s a deal breaker for us. Things I wish our old landlord had bothered to sit down and tell us about our previous house. All the things that he told me though, were not deal breakers for us. The bathroom doesn’t have a window. Would it be good to have one? Sure but it certainly is not a deal breaker. The biggie that might really scare many families away is that there are no closets. Yes you heard me right. There are no closets in the bedrooms at all. There is one big closet off of the dining room which is where we have our holiday stuff and our vacuum and things like that. We have a basement for storage also but I hate basements and try to keep what we put down there to a minimum. I even pared down on my holiday stuff and will probably go through it again to pare down some more. The great thing about not having closets is that you can’t just shove things in the closet and you really need to think about what you keep. We have found alternate forms of storage that fit us. We have a free standing wardrobe that holds all our hanging clothes. I have cut down moving boxes that fit perfectly under the bed that I will cover with pretty wrapping paper so that it looks good. We got a big armoire for the dining room that holds all our board games and my craft stuff. There is a dresser beside the computer desk to hold all the computer stuff out of sight.
We have gotten rid of so much unwanted stuff. I am sure that we will get rid of so much more. I hate a cluttered house. I want to enjoy what we have. I have found stuff from three houses ago that we forgot we had. Like CJ’s igloo tent that we bought at Ikea three years ago. It was buried in a box somewhere and we couldn’t enjoy it because it was packed away. The great thing was that I washed it, put it up and he didn’t even remember it so it was like getting a new one all together. He had a blast playing with it this weekend.
I am enjoying our house and can't wait to start entertaining in our new home.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment