I am not really sure how many of you have Larissa as a friend on FB and then how many of you actually keep up with my teens status updates but.... I have to share this with y'all.
I was floored when I read this yesterday. I kind of teared...seriously ! Here is what she posted yesterday:
"Okay so basically since the new school year has started I've gone through so much change and it's a good thing. Major changes are still being made, and honestly I think going to Concord High School was the best change that could have happened to me !"
Sooooo...to those of you that don't know, Larissa was totally against going to Concord High School. I mean she drove me crazy. She was so stuck on her great JM Robinson that she wasn't even going to give this school a chance. She said this is school sucked and she knew this for a fact because she was told by her friends and even teachers at Robinson that Concord sucks. You can read more about that whole conversation in a previous post from this past summer.
Anyhoo, when the school year started she had a big chip on her shoulder and I knew that all it was going to take was her making friends and beginning to enjoy the school. I had said that I was giving her two weeks to come to this realization. Yesterday was two weeks and she has come so much further than I ever expected or ever dreamed. She actually not only really likes Concord High but she told Jose & I that she has learned more at Concord High than she did at Robinson. I almost choked on my drink when she said that. Jose just told me to be quiet and enjoy the moment. Then last night was that post. I was beyond floored. She actually realizes that the change the is good and she considers it to be the best change that could have happened to her...holy guacamole...my baby girl really makes me proud.
By the way, she auditioned for the school plays and made it. Now she is waiting for call backs to be posted to find out what play and what part they are offering her.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment