Friday, May 21, 2010

Bad Habits Die Hard

I started out the year, like most people, with the intention and desire to cook healthier, eat healthier and be healthier. My life has been a whirlwind since the beginning of the year and we have gone through many changes. I could use those changes as an excuse for not following through but the truth is that the only person who can control this is me and I allowed things to get in the way.

So I am trying to get back on track. We are getting settled into the new house. We are getting back to some kind of normal routine...as normal as you can get with three kids and four cats ! Seriously though, things are going really well. The house is turning out to be everything we wanted and more. We are getting to know more and more of the neighbors and they are all very welcoming. Nathan has not only adjusted to his new school but loves it. Larissa is finishing out the year at the school she is at and will switch for the next school year. With all that being said, things are falling into place and it's time to get myself back on track.

All this packing, moving and unpacking had us eating more fast food than I care to even admit on here. I guess it was a choice but it was the best choice at the times I was faced with it. I have started cooking again and remembered how much I love cooking. I have already tried some new recipes but they are not healthy ones. Don't get me wrong, they are not unhealthy but they don't have any veggies and they are loaded with calories. I am sure however, that is still better than grabbing fast food. So I will begin the search for healthier recipes that I know the family will eat.

I am going back to making meal plans too and trying to incorporate more veggies again. I will continue to buy whole wheat when possible and try having more healthy snacks on hand. The long term goal is not just to get myself healthier but also the whole family. So wish me luck as I try to get back on track with my goals to get healthier this year. It is never too late to break old habits !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...