I did not plan to take this long in between posts but sometimes life gets the best of you. Let me catch you all up on what has been going on.
Nathan's karate tournament was cancelled on Saturday. He was so disappointed, poor thing. The coach backed them out of it because he said that none of the kids but Nathan was ready. This would have been his first so he is upset and the next one is not until March. He did get moved from the 6pm class which is for 4-10 year olds to the 7pm class which is for 11 and up kids for his hard work and dedication. I don't think that he has ever missed a class. Each Tuesday and Thursday he is already and dressed when I get home from work. This is a wonderful thing for him.
Larissa got accepted in Narroway Production, which is the local theatre production. She had her first rehearsal on Saturday from 3:30-8pm. She came home really excited about it and I can't wait to actually see her in it. Is a Christian Musical called "The Gospel According to Tennessee". She is super excited about it.
CJ has been having his play therapy. It seems to really be working and I had my doubts. He can sign Please, More and I did it. He also says Please now. Not very clearly but he says it and he tries to say it. I really like the therpist and I can't wait to continue to see his progress. He will also have his speach therapy too but they are having a hard time finding a slot that is open.
I finally booked my mother's ticket to Portugal yesterday for her. She is leaving February 25th. I am so excited for her. It has been a long time since she has seen the family and I am glad that she is able to make this trip. I am praying that all goes well with her retirement paperwork. She is in good hands there though so I am not worried. I am also looking forward to spending some time alone with my family getting us back on track too.
I am also super excited about my best friend's visit on Friday. I can't beleive that it is this Friday. This is some much needed best friend bonding time. I know it is going to be an incredible week for us.
Jose and I had our second date night on Saturday night. The burlesque show was really good. I actually enjoyed it more than he did. He wasn't feeling well at all but he stuck it out for me because he didn't want to ruin the evening. It was a good time. I took pics and will post them when I get a chance. Didn't get any of us this time since we were running late but I took a bunch of the show. He was a bit floored because he didn't know what Burlesque was.....lol. We had a blast though.
Ok...so I think that is all for now. I think that I have caught you all up on what has been happening with my crazy family. Talk to you all tomorrow.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment